Using our JSON-based REST API, you can build integrations that leverage your people presence data, including:
- Managing employee and contractor profiles
- Viewing how employees and guests respond to custom questions
- Creating and updating induction courses
- Managing certification records and attached documents
- Creating pre-registered visitor events
- Managing the location list
- Viewing the notifications sent across your organization
The API is built using REST conventions, with the standard HTTP methods (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE). The API supports JSON or XML data and is chosen via the Accept and Content-Type headers. All calls are made under api.whosonlocation.com/v1.
To use the API, you'll need access to an OnLocation account. Either:
- Sign up for for a 14-day trial. As the Account Owner, you'll automatically have access to the API settings for your organization.
- Ask your account's administrator to assign you the IT Support user role.
Once you have access to an account, learn how the OnLocation API authenticates requests.
Check out the available OnLocation endpoints. For each endpoint:
- See an overview of how the feature works in OnLocation
- View the parameters for each endpoint
- See what information can be returned, updated, created, or deleted
- View JSON response samples